Monday, November 15, 2004

 

I can't think of a good title

Ohhhh baby.

I've found the colour buttons.

My week.
Well, 2 weeks ago I had a reading week at Uni (ie: a week off) and I only got 1 real lie in for the entire week. Alas, don't cry for me, for I got up for the very reason everybody gets up... to do stuff, and the stuff I did was cool. Monday, I went shopping with Shaneen (well Jamie did come as well but Jamie and shopping don't go together) and that's 2 weeks ago Monday btw. In fact, I think that was around the last time I updated this...

Yeah, I got a nice shirt.

Shaneen didn't.

Oh, I know what I can talk about. This (last) Saturday.
We had something on at the church called 'Creative Expression' where people were given the opportunity to "Express" themselves "Creatively" in certain areas. T'was the brain child of Adam. (Dance, Song writing and photography were the 3 areas) Me and... oh, let's call him Harriet, were taking the song writing sessions. (Harriet leads worship in our church, btw) I won't say how many people came to the sessions, but the day was actually really fun and around 1 complete song and 2 half songs came out of it which was really cool. Everyone who was involved thought it was really good too.

The complete song was written by Trist and me and it's pretty cool. It was great too cos it only took us 30 minutes. T started playing some funky rocking chords (C#m7, B, C#m7, A, B - for those who know about music) and basically I already had 'some' words (4 lines) that I'd written earlier with Harriet and they seemed to fit really nicely. The only prob was that we had no way of recording this baby. I NEVER take my dictaphone with me when I need it! But T's wicked cool new fone has a recorder on it and so we taped it to that... *you wouldn't call it taping though, would ya?*

I did write more than 4 lines in the end btw. God's gifts are so much fun!

So I finally managed to write a rocking song thanks to T's cool chords, compared to every other power ballad I write.

Tonite we had a song recording session at church and basically 'recorded songs'. Sang "London's Burning" and "Row Row Row Your Boat" too (don't ask). Me and T wanted to do the one we'd wrote, but I'm not too fussed that we didn't have time, cos I'd quite like to do it with our band type thingy first and now it gives us more time do to it there. Making music is fun.



Comments:
ooh...that sounds like a good chord sequence

*yoink!*

how do the words go? whats the tune like? :P
 
If only we could send music in texts...

It will happen, one day, it will happen
 
Music in texts...you can send *short* music clips and videos in MMS (Multi-Media Messages) you'd call them 'Picture Messages'. I think I could send it to someone like that if htey could play it..maybe I'll try to send it to Tim's phone through MMS..or maybe "Harriet's" phone...

T

PS - LoL@"Harriet"
 
may i just congratulate you on finding my second blog...
I was quite surprised to find a comment on it!

just to ask a randomish question -- you ever heard of Ben Folds Five? or even just Ben Folds? ..he writes awesome music!!
 
T you truly are a nerd but its why we like ya!
 
It was v.dif to find but I got there in the end.

You can tell I only had a half day today.

Man it's been sweet... my only real time off now.
Working part time is good for money, but bad for time.
Bible School is good Bible knowledge, but bad for time.
Youth on Wednesday is great for youth and a laugh but bad for time... etc...
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Ben Folds is awesome -- bestest pianist in the world (besides me, that is ;-) )

theres never enough time in the day... someone needs to invent some more hours, methinks

oh... and Bristol is definately not Wales... theres like... a whole bridge in between!!
 
'Sickeningly' and 'stupidly good' sounds pretty accurate for Ben Folds... though, I don't know who this "Harriet" is... maybe they should have a competition!
 
Actually Loz. I was only saying 'bye' in a joking way, and you actually went and logged off!

*Shrugs*

I thought it might av been something to do with you not gettin a mention tho...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting