Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Blogger, blogger, blogger, blogger, blogger, blogger... etc

Update, UPdate.

Oh... it's a post... etc.

Right then. Down to business.

Lets start with the basics shall we?

1. The car. It's been behaving recently. I'm not sure about the amount of fuel comsumption isn't doing, but when the tank is fully empty I'll have a better idea. The leak it aquired last week has been fixed and now it's in the garage till Wednesday having some more parts replaced. Warranty is a good thing. On Firady night I managed to clock up about 45 miles. I mean, it's a 10 mile trip to church and back anyway, but when you add in the fact that we went to pizza hut after church, and then were told that we couldn't stay, and then we drive back to church, and then I drop someone off who lives quite far away anyway, but because I took a wrong turn it ended up taking up twice as long, it kinda adds up. My petrols on half and I've done about 180 miles. That doesn't mean much to me.

2. The music. Well, tonite we had worship prac and I got to play guitar for the 1st time a bit with the singers. Obviously I was a bit crap cos I wasn't 100% sure what the rythm should be and so changing chords when I was strumming upwards kinda put me off a bit. I didn't have a plectrum either, and because Jen wanted me to play loud, I had to use the backs of my fingers, which ended up being kinda red after a while! Afterwards, we practised with Dennis who's leading worship on Sunday. He asked me the other week if I could lead the singing side of it so I agreed. It should be interesting. Even though I know all the songs, I'm praying I don't forget the words!

3. Last week (the music - cont) Last week was a cool week for me, T, Andy, Dennis and Mark. We had our debut! We practised, on Thursday, the song we were going to do on Sunday but we also decided to go through another one, which I can't wait for it to be finished. It's really cool and I'm already well pleased with it. We got to finish off the one for Sunday on Saturday afternoon and we added in a kick ass drum beat for Andy to enter in with. Very cool. The performance went well as well, cos I don't think any of the musicians made any mistakes. TBH, I was concentrating on singing and I was expecting Mark to move aboutt he stage a bit more. However, when I looked over, he was glued to the spot. What?! I was moving more than Mark? How'd that happen? He put it down to nerves though which is quite funny because it made me realise just how comfortable he is with rapping rather than singing. He's actually got a really good voice - he just needs the same amount of confidence with his singing as he's got with his rapping. Anyway, the song was really well received, which is always a nice thing and people kept offering ideas as to what our band should be called. This evening I thought of 'Debut'. Whatever. I don't think any of us can be bothered to decide until we get really serious. If we ever get really serious... I'm just seeing how it goes and if it's Gods will, then that'd be unbelievably amazing. I have gotten a few prophesies out recently and they do chat about where I'll be in 5-10 years time and that if God showed me now, it would blow my mind.

Sounds like fun. ;)

I just got back from the pub today after worship prac, and we were just reminising. It's always great to remember how far people have come. I really wanted Jen's water to break too! Her baby is due in 1 week. Harriet was there too and he's had a few bad experience with the dentist. Unfortunalety for him, we spoke about dentistry for around 20 minutes. He didn't seem too happy!

I don't think there's been any more car troubles on our street since last week, which is great. I've seen a few kids walk past and up the road, but they ain't done anything.

Right. I should got to bed now because I'm up early for work tomorrow. I'll probably update y'all with another diary account.

Nite-nite.

Comments:
Well done!!!!!
I'm so proud of u!!
Man ... It almost brings a tear to my eye ;) hehehehehe
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting