Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Day 5

Day 5:
Yum. Some more sweet bananas and watermelons for breakfast. Today we went to our 3rd school and it was so hot today. I had another bath, which wasn’t too bad but I seriously didn’t want to use the hole to poop into. This was our last day in Banda and I didn’t want to go in a hole! We travelled to the school and as we past people we saw blue chickens (looked quite cool) and a little boy having a poo in the street. I looked for about 2 seconds. However, Sat stared for long enough to see some yellow poo come out and it nearly made him throw up. He shouldn’t have stared! He then said he wish he had had a camera. Strange….

We got to the school, met everybody and waited for the kids to come out. There were hundreds of them and as they ran/walked across the ground a huge dust cloud enveloped us! This was the largest school so far. The playground was packed. We taught them ‘King of the Jungle’, and Sat, being a little evil, picked one of the kids who was good at it to come out and show everybody how it was done. The kid was so embarrassed! Afterwards, the children were invited to meet us and we all nearly lost our arms! By the time we got back, it was nearly time to go to the 2nd school we went to yesterday for lunch. The head had invited us. However, being Africa, it ended up being an hour late. I needed this hour though… cos I had to use the hole…

Nuff said.

Anyway, we left and got there, and again, being Africa, it still wasn’t ready. When it came though it was really great. There were 2 different types of meat and loads for everyone. I felt so guilty because it was like stealing food from someone who needed it so much more than we did. Yesterday, Maz had broken the heads chair by doing ‘Can’t Touch This’ and today we managed to scratch his really nice table! And he still thanked us for coming to his school! That was amazing.

We finally finished and said our goodbyes to Banda as we headed off to school number 4 (our last one of the day). It was about a 10 minute drive away. We wanted to buy some necklaces from Jeninah to help fund her ministry but she wasn’t home. We couldn’t waste time though, so we headed back to the school. But guess what? They had someone else who was in the hall when we got there and we had to wait for half an hour. Ha. We entertained ourselves by looking around and videoing the school. Moses’ made his speech (end of the Presentation on the tape), which was really nice. Eventually, we did what we had gone there to do (although not after the CD player failed to work twice, messing us up a bit) and we signed another visitors book. This school was definitely my favourite up to this point because the kids seemed to be the most receptive and I enjoyed myself here the most. We make a quick getaway afterwards. Sat didn’t really want to travel to Luwero in the dark. We changed some more cash, checked and sent more mail and bought some more bottled water.

Jimmy was told to wait for me at the top of the mall and ended up waiting there for 20 minutes due to me not knowing he was there and him not seeing me go down the stairs! I went up there after everyone asked me where he was and sure enough, there he was, asking me where I’d been! Heh.

We left at about 6pm meaning that we had to travel a bit in the dark. Travelling in the day can actually be fun. Over taking. Driving fast. Mental drivers… but travelling at night was really scary. Praise God we got back safely. We all wanted to just crash out but John had booked us in somewhere to eat. Food is always good. And coke was really cheap too. I’ve been told that Uganda coke still contains some cocaine in it though! We got back at 9 and I had another cold shower. It was really nice when you were hot and had had a long day. I hoped I would get a good night sleep…. I needed it.

Comments:
were you told that there? Or was that me that told you that?? Its true ya kno :)
 
Na. You told me the other day ;)

See how upto date this diary is?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting