Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Blind Men and Comfort Zones

ARRRGGGGHHHH!

Right. You see the title of my blog. Good!

At this moment in time, I envy non-Christians. You see, they never feel bad about not doing something they should've done or perhaps doing something they shouldn't have, unless there are obvious reprocussions that affect them or people close to them.

However, in my Christian case, I have God in one ear telling me what is the right thing to do is regardless of how I'm affected.

This is where I am envious see.

The problem is, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I love God. I mean, He has died for us and pretty much sorts us out everytime even though we can be so undeserving. So when He asks me to do something, and I repeatedly blag my way out of it/ignore it because I'm too chicken crap to do anything about it, I can and do end up feeling guilty.

You see, there is this blind guy who I see at work sometimes. And I'm not sure whether it's me or not, but I keep thinking that God wants me to pray for this guy. It doesn't even matter if the person says no - God still wants me to ask him.

But me being chicken means that I blag it by:
a) Telling myself it's not God
b) Persuading myself it's not God

Unfortunately, option c) appeared today.
c) Realising neither is true and regardless of whether it's God or not, I should go and pray for the guy cos I know God can heal him.

And made me feel really bad when I walked away... again... for a 3rd time...

I told God that if He wanted me to pray for him I'd do it the 2nd time I saw him. I mean, I work in a building of 2,000 people. How likely is it that I'd see the same guy again?

Very likely apparently...

It's not that I don't believe God can heal him.
It's not that I don't believe God will heal him.
It's that I have no idea how to brouch the subject in the first place, and I don't want anyone seeing me pray for this guy in the street, because, believe it or not, I'm worried about what others may think.

Yes... yes. I'm a terrible Christian.

*Shock*

And I'm also a little worried that God won't heal him. But by the time it gets to that point I won't mind either way cos at least I would've done what God asked, so that doesn't really bother me.

And I know what could happen if God does heal him. Pretty damn awesome things.
In fact, I don't really need comments on this blog at all, cos I know what I've gotta do.

I
Just
Can't!

Comments:
Maybe God will heal him, maybe God wont. Maybe this bloke needs to see that someone cares. Or maybe God just wants you to take a step of faith in trusting him. Or maybe it's something completely different altogether. Only God knows that, but if he keeps puttin it on ur mind / heart then i'd say he wants something! I don't know, just trust God and u don't have to go it alone, cos you know it's his strength n not urs.
When God asks something of us, we've a choice of whether or not we do it, but if we choose to, he gives us what we need.
I know you know all this......so I'll stop talking.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting