Saturday, May 14, 2005

 

Dire Recordings, The Fat Pigeon, Perfect Timing, Dont' mention the word 'blog', And don't use someone elses guitar!!!

In true blogger fashion, I've decided to nick some ideas off a fellow blogger (cheers Loz) and put all the things I'm going to talk about in my subject folder.

I don't want to be a sheep or anything but everyone is stealing stuff from other people at the moment and I want in!

So we'll start with 'Dire Recordings'.

As some of you may or may not know (just covering everyone), me, T, Mark, Tim and Andy (all real names I promise!) have kinda formed a band type thing. And on Thursday we decided to record some stuff on to tape just to kinda hear what we sounded like and also to copywrite the stuff cos there are theives in this world... oh yes!

It was actually Lis who gave me the idea which I stole (irony?)

Anywho, we employed the services of resident DJ and all round nice guy ;) Luke to assist our sound mixing. Unfortunately, the first few times we recorded, Luke decided he liked the sounds of the drums and my voice a bit too much. Not a bad thing for me and Andy if we were ever gonig to make it on our own...

.... na....

... but was a bit bad for the other guys. So eventually we got the mix right (yay!) and I could hear Mark (yay!) who usually has the tune, so it's quite bad mmkay, if he's not heard over me. The sound wasn't actually that dire. What was dire was the absolute crapness of the tape we used. I mean, it was a new tape and it was sooo bad. I know I sometimes go out of tune, but come'on! But it all made me really wanna get into a studio and record some decent sounding stuff with the help of our soon to be newly trained sound engineerer and No2 bassist. Lis :P

(Side note: this linking stuff is really cool!)

So I might speak to a few people who I know and organise something. I mean, if we did sell the CD's we made in church and to mates, I'm sure we could
a) Raise money for the church/youth club, and
b) Make back on the money we spent for the studio time.

Hmm, why do I come up with these good ideas in blog land?
T what d'ya think?

So anyway, it's all looking like a fun little adventure for us guys from the outbacks of Bristol.

Moving on to: 'The Fat Pigeon'

Not a particular interesting story. All it was is I was on my way to Lis' yesterday to have chilli (Mmmmm - it was good, I promise!) and as I was walking thru the town centre, I saw this HUOOOOOGE pigeon. I know I could've chased it down and it wouldn't have been able to take off... I was so tempted. It was about twice the size of a normal pigeon. Made me chuckle to myself :)


Number 3: 'Perfect Timing'

Getting to and from town (where Lisa lives) from where I live (5 miles outside the centre) can usually be a boring a tedious journey mixed with late buses, 100's of people getting on and off the bus and the occasional traffic light (must... buy... new... car) which can make the journey time extremely unpredictable. Because I was going to Lisa's I also had to walk up a huge hill which takes about 20 minutes. However, I know God was with me on this journey because I recently bought a new CD (Hillsongs - United Live) which I recommend cos tis very good. And as I left my house, I started playing the CD, and without skipping any songs and only restarting one because I had to pop into Tesco's to buy a phone card, the moment I got to Lisa's front door was the precise moment the CD finished! So if I could be bothered, I could find out exactly how long it took me to get from my house to Lisa's (I quit with the links).


Ahh. 'Don't Play With Someone Else's Guitar':

Especially when they don't know you're playing it. Speaks for itself really. Only cos I might have broken it. :)

And finally: 'Don't Mention the Word Blog'

Especially when you or others write about certain people on it and you never want them to know. T'was my bad! Slip of the tongue.

Oh, before I forget, I gotta do a shout out to Dave, cos he says he laughs at my comments. ;)

Now I revise.

Comments:
If you made a cd i'd certainly want one sent up here to bonnie scotland or maybe not so bonnie tamworth! So get recording :D Lalalalala

I saw the fattest seagull on the way home from my exam today, so made me laugh a lot when i read bout the fat pigeon heehee.
 
Ladies and gentlemen,

Our music will soon be nationwide ;)

It may have been the same fat pigeon. I wonder how far they can travel in a day? Hmm.
 
well it would be a pretty cool pigeon that flew miles and turned into a seagull when it got here! maybe it was carrying the news of your fame in music!

If you're ever needing a stand in drummer(have only had 12 lessons :S)/ groupie i'll fill in an application! heehee
 
Yes... yes. I read too fast..

DOH!

... stupid fat pigeon
 
Could be a pigeon that flew so fast the colour came off and so was white like a seagull???? maybe a little unlikely, and am sure i should know better being a biologist!
 
lol! I got a mention or two, or six :D
But you forgot to mention tht you were adorable last night and let me wear your jumper when I was cold. hehe. *grin*

I think I need a mention when you guys make a cd, afterall, I am the number 1 fan :D
Just sent you an e-mail with a nice little link in it :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting