Saturday, December 03, 2005

 

Everything is meaningless...

What a bizarre thing to say, huh?

Well, that's in the Bible. In Eccelsiates.

I've been in a strangely thinky mood the past few days. Well, it's not that strange. I've been chatting to a person who has brought out the philosopher in me. lol! Now that's strange!

But it's been quite fun to test myself and try to debate certain things about Christianity.

I won't put down what I've been thinking about because thinking too much can be bad. And it might take me a while to explain it, and even then, I don't know if it makes sense because I don't know if it's made sense to the person I've shared it with! Ha.

But, I've realised this week that I'm an incredibly lazy learner. I need information and facts handed to me on a silver platter with a nice Belgium Waffle with golden syrup... Mmmmmmm

Tasty.

Well, maybe that's why I like science so much. Cos unlike English and Psychology and Art, there can only be one true explaination. There may be certain theories people have but only one is true.

My musical abilities kinda contrast that though. I can do whatever I want when I make a song. Sure, there may be certain aspects that you need to make a good song (Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Bridge etc) but you can mould whatever you like around it.

I guess science shows the human nature I have of being nosey. (actually I call it curiousity)
And music shows the God nature of me.... wanting to be noisy!


Back to the title. Solomon (the wisest person ever) says it but in context it means:

"Everything without God is meaningless." (that includes excessive thinking) ;)

Switchfoot know it well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting