Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

The most scary thing in life

This is my 100th post.

Wow.

That's a lot.
Actually, compared to Loz, it's probably nothing.

I've been thinking about the most scary thing I've ever come across, or the most fear I've ever felt and do you know what? I've got an answer. :)

It's not anything anybody (including God) has ever asked me to do that I haven't wanted to do. Or just before I do something like a solo. It's much worse!

It's when I feel so challenged and so deflated in my Christianity that I get to a point of doubting what I believe. And when I get to that point, it feels like nothing matters. It feels like the world is truely beginning to cave in on me and all that I have to hold on to is myself. But it's the time where I cry out to God with the most passion I've ever known. And it's one of the only time where I'll turn to someone else and deeply ask for their prayers.

It's also the time where I realise that I take so much of what I know as truth for granted and also the time where I look at the world and wonder what they really have to live for? Except to wait for the enevitable. How depressing!

Well... thank God I'm not in that place at the moment! And I haven't been for a very long time.

Phew.

Comments:
Yes, I have been there...

toughie - but then u understand God's grace much more when u come thru the other side!

Lots of love XX
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting