Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Day 10

Oh. My. Word. I could not believe it. I’d actually had a lie in. I got up at 9:30 and I was the last one there for breakfast. This was down to me getting the chance to have my first proper shower for 3 days. I finally felt clean again. I was starving so I ate loads. We had a free morning today so decided to go to the town market. 10 minute walk and we got there. Sat and me bartered for some sandles and I bartered for a scrub brush – my once silver, now dusty red trainers, needed some serious scrubbage!

I had noticed that the sky seemed to be much larger in Africa than in England and I decided it was because there were no buildings in the way. You could see for miles!

After the market we all got a lift back to the guesthouse on borda-borders. (taxi push bikes) This was so much fun! All the locals were laughing and waving as a line of 8 bzungu started racing down this dirt road. I’ll admit I was worried when mine had first set off, but it was great. Back at the guesthouse Sat gave me no option but to share at the school tomorrow. The skank.

After lunch we set out for Kiwoko hospital. Their slogan is very cool:

“We treat. Jesus heals.”

And, of course, we had Michael Jackson blasting in the car for the trip. We were shown around the grounds by a young lady called Claire, saw some interesting sites such as some excellent dancing, and were also told the story of how it was founded. It was a good story... I think... I can’t remember it!

I thought the hospital would be a bit more modern from what Sat had said before, and I know this sounds stupid, but it had a heart. We went to the gift shop where we met Margaret who lived just off the hospital grounds. She was involved in running the hospital. She sat us down in her really nice house and we had some excellent cake. Yum! However, for some bizarre reason we all agree to come to the early morning, prayer meeting (8:15am) the next day. And I wanted sleep.

Afterwards, we drove to our only school visit of the day, Migadde College. Dan, who was another Ugandan, came with us. Unfortunately, we broke down on the way, in the middle of nowhere. I honestly didn’t worry though. I had a trust in God I had never felt before. Well, we did have 2 mechanics with us after all! (Reg and Andy) All they needed to fix the problem was a wire and, low and behold, we had managed to break down right next to a shop which was packed full of wires! God is good! I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that we broke down for God’s glory.

Anyway, we eventually got there and it was niiiice. Definitely the nicest school we’d been to. However, someone (Sat) had forgotten to bring the guitar (duh!) but again, God came through and the school supplied us with a guitar. The skits went really well too. I did my Ronan piece and was cheered! I’ll admit that I was completely loving it. But it was all for God. A few people wanted prayer and to give their lives to God which was great, but again, we got the usual, ‘I need sponsorship’ requests as well. I guess you can’t blame people for trying.

We had to rush back to beat nightfall, but the minibus stayed fixed. We ate chips and pasta for dinner at 7:30. Mmmmm. We also practiced some new dramas (well, I didn’t cos I was knackered) and we put on the video of the trip so far. It was very funny. We went to bed at 12o’clock and had to be up at 6:30am…

Comments:
When are you going back?
 
so, some of us are waiting for your next blog...-
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting