Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Grammer?

Funny.

These are two 'thank you' letters with exactly the same words but with different grammer giving them totally different meanings.

1)
Dear Mother,

In law, there is nothing to make me say thank you, but the quality of your gifts compels me at least to write to tell you how I feel. Thank you so much for the presents! I was expecting nothing more than a token yet, again, you have exceeded even your own incredible standards.
It was a shame you had to stay here for such a short time. I thought I might have coped, but it was unbearable seeing you leave. The relief was immense when I heard we might see you again soon. I wanted to end it all by saying goodbye now. I hope I will not have to say it to you again for a long time. If you have the opportunity to spend Christmas elsewhere next year, please do not.

Much love

Matthew


2)
Dear Mother-in-Law,

There is nothing to make me say thank you, but the quality of your gifts compels me at least to write to tell you how I feel. Thank you? So much for the presents I was expecting. Nothing more than a token, yet again! You have exceeded even your own incredible standards.
It was a shame you had to stay here. For such a short time, I thought I might have coped, but it was unbearable. Seeing you leave, the relief was immense. When I heard we might see you again soon, I wanted to end it all. By saying goodbye now, I hope I will not have to say it to you again for a long time. If you have the opportunity to spend Christmas elsewhere next year, please do.

Not much love

Matthew


There are four other ones which can be found here

Comments:
And this is why we must be oh so careful when we email and txt one another, because without facial expressions, tone of voice and body language, we can easily mis-represent ourselves!

end of sermon.
 
haha, that's so cool!
 
Thank you, ladies :)
 
how come this got more comments than 'friends' :(
 
I seriously don't know how this got more comments than Friends.

Hmm...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting