Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

This Week

A few things elevated this week above the norm.

Lastly, I went to the cinema tonight (Friday) for the first time since last year. Me, T and Lis watched Jarhead which I thought was brilliant. I've read poems and watched programmes about how gloryfied war is, but this film hit the nail right on the head multiple times. But I found it subtle enough to not be forcing the whole point down your throat most of the time.

Plus "Mr President" (David Palmer) is in it. And he's cool.

Anyway, you should see it.


Before that I'd watched Ep 7 of 24, which after the first 6 episodes, I thought was a bit of a letdown. Even though some of you are thinking 'No way', the only reason I say it is because the first 6 were the best episodes of 24 I've ever seen.


And now to the firstly point. I got to play football this week. Yay! Monday nights are usually worship prac but because it was cancelled for the singers, I could go football training.

More football please. :)

I didn't score, although 3 teams had rotated for an hour, and only 3 goals has been scored. That's a bit crap for the strikers but excellent for the goalkeepers!


Wednesday was my interview day for placements. I don't actually mind interviews and I couldn't decide whether it's because I'm confident, or just being arrogant. I'd like to think it's the first one - but maybe that's because I'm being arrogant! :)

For some reason I had 2 interviews. One for Southmead/Frenchay and one for BRI. Because I had a 25 minute interview for the Sou/Fren one because I was trying to impress them the most, I really, really couldn't be bothered with the BRI one which was right after. Plus I didn't want the BRI one anyway so I thought I'd try my best to throw it away. It went a bit like this:

By that point I was pretty certain I'd get the Southmead/Frenchay placement - because I was the only person who put their name down for the Biochemistry lab!

Anyway, I got the placement so no more worrying about that! I also get paid which is soooo good.

I wonder what it will be like working full time?

Comments:
working fulltime will be fine, i'm sure. hehe. if you enjoy it, it'll be so much better. and you'll learn loads. it'll be grand.

As for whether it's confidence or arrogance ... I wouldn't like to say :p
 
haha, you burped, that must have been so funny!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting