Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

10 Things I Miss About...

UGANDA

I just read Lis blog and thought I steal her idea.

I am.
Officially.
A Thief.

1) The weather.

2) Sunset during a boat trip on a lake near Luwangpanga. Absolutely stunning.

3) Tucking in my mozzie net.

4) The people.

5) That the most important thing to do in a day was just to talk.

6) Going to the highest point in Kampala at night and being able to see the entire city lit up, only to see half of it plunge into total darkness because of a powercut.

7) Seeing lizards on the walls the first night. It really hit it home that I wasn't in England anymore.

8) The stars - I kid you not. These were... I think the word 'glorious' sums it up.

9) "Ahhhh bzungu!!!"

10) Silent Lightning Storms - you don't believe it until you see one, but once you see one, you realise that you don't really know anything about this world we live on. Was literally jaw dropping.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting