Monday, April 24, 2006

 

10 Things I Miss About...

Primary School:

1. PE - especially when we got to go to the field! (Woah)

2. End of year plays. I was an aspiring actor, don't ya know ;) Actually, our end of school play was one of the most fun things I have ever done. It was brilliant.

3. Play times... one at 11:00 and one at 12:30... (or something)

4. Fun time - basically, at my school, we were allocated one hour of 'fun time' every single week, where we could bring in whatever games we wanted and play those for an hour. However, if you were naughty before hand, you would loose time in 5 minutes slots and would have to sit down and do nothing for that time while the other kids played.
The best game anyone brought in was a lazer shooting game (aka lazer quest!) but it was only 2 player. We got to run around the school building shooting at each other. Amazing!

5. Starting at 9:00 and finishing at 3:30 everyday.

6. When my parents let me walk to and from primary school with friends... and we used to play knock out ginger!

7. Football at break times. It was actually serious games of footy. If you scored, you went mental. The best was when you had playground wide games, or Year 5's vs Year 6's cos it meant even more if you scored.

8. Artistic freedom - me and one of my mates were like really good artists back then (it's vanished for me now) and so whenever the teachers needed backdrops done for plays, they'd ask us two to draw and paint them. Great stuff, mainly because everyone else was stuck in class doing maths or something while we were having a laugh.

9. How simple learning was - education gets so much more complex as you get older, and you need a lot more time to focus on it. I want 2+2's again.

10. School trips. They rocked.

Comments:
I LOVED primary school! It was just so good. Year 6 camp was the best and our leavers show was good too, we did Bugsy Malone!
 
I loved playing cops and robbers on the playground!! and most of the playground trying to play bulldog without anyone noticing cuz it was band! :)
 
Primary school was so good - we did Joseph and Mary Poppins - I was Mary - when i was spinning onto the stage i knocked the spot light over!!!!
I remember swinging on the hall curtains and them ripping!
i was so naughty -
 
You missed me at Primary school!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting