Friday, August 25, 2006

 

2 weeks and counting

As you know. I never do not keep my promises so here is a new blog all about my new job.

Induction:
Was boring except for the fire bit! Oh... and the fact that I was the only guy in a room full of about 12 women. :)
For the fire bit we got to play with the extinguishers and got to walk around a smoke filled room. Don't worry, it wasn't real smoke. But you couldn't see 3 feet in front of you. It was bizarre.

Anyway, the rest has been alright. Just getting to know the people and as always, there is one really attractive person who is just that.

However, there are a few unfortunates with Miss Gorgeous.
One is that she has a b/f. Who's Italian. (pah. I have NO CHANCE)
And Two is that she's only temping (I almost wrote tempting! Ha) so will be gone in 1 week to go travelling.

I also ride into work as you may or may not know (as that covers everybody) and actually almost came off my bike the other day. Whoops. Dangerous games.

There is also this Welsh/Chinese girl who works there who's name is Yuk Ching. So I asked her how to pronounce her name today. Bare in mind that I've been calling her Yuk all week.

Tom: So, Yuk. How do you pronounce you're name? Is it 'Yuk' or 'Yok'?
Yuk Ching: It's Yuk. And it's Ching. All one word.
Tom: *thinks 'crap'* So you don't like it when I just call you Yuk?
Yuk Ching: Nope.
Tom: Good thing I asked then!

And, this next part may shock you. It may not.

Lady (speaking to me): I know you're very shy...

Erm. I know she probably doesn't know me then. What's a guy gotta do to try and settle into a place of work?

Comments:
It's annoying when people think you're shy but you can't really be yourself until you settle in
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting