Monday, August 28, 2006

 

The World According to Tim

Tim is writing a letter which he wanted somebody to check over for him, which I did.

But after reading Loz's blog with all her 'proper English' terms it reminded me of Tim's letter because Tim uses words that I don't even understand.

Tom: Yeah, it's good. But what does this word mean?
Tim: Cede? You don't know what cede means?
Tom: Erm. No.
Tim: (in disgust) Don't people read dictionary's any more?!

Does anyone know what 'cede' means? (no dirty cheats!)

Comments:
I read a dictionary once. The list of abbreviations at the end was a clever twist in the plot. Other than that though, I found it rather predictable.
 
Cede.. I think it would be related to going forward or something. Like you proceed and concede. Hmm...
My dad used to read the dictionary as a child (or so he tells us!) .. it has been said it would be a good plot if the words were arranged differently!!
 
Well I didn't get it
right...

Well I think I knew what I meant!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting