Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

A Night on the Town

So I just got back from town.

I went to the Commercial Rooms (Mushrooms) first to meet up with some mates from work, who I've only really known for 3 weeks so thought it would be good idea to go out to get to know them a bit better.

Queue in "Token Pretty Girl who used to work at Southmead".

Now TPGwutwaS was very, very attractive. And I was feeling a bit naughty so when she started flirting with me and then dragged me off the dance floor to ask me what I wanted to do, I figured she was game... as you do... lol...

(I'm making myself sound so blokish here, I know)

So we were chatting away and I went for the kill.

....

It turns out she wasn't really up for that 'cos it's boring'. (alright love, I get the hint!) But then somehow the convo reached the subject of sex. I promise I didn't ask her :P But it brought me an oppotunity to talk with her about my Christianity. (which after trying it on with her, didn't really seem like the best road to then walk down, but hey!)

Anyway, she told me about her friend Sam who's a Christian and then proceeded to science bash me which then I turned it around to my Christian perspective. However, I don't know if you've ever tried to witness in Reflex. It's kinda loud and usually the people you're talking to are kinda drunk which usual is bad.

So what did I do? I invited her outside to where it would be quiet.

T.W.A.T Tom

By this point she probably thought I was trying it on again and kindly refused my offer. However, the day I use God as an excuse to 'go somewhere quiet' just to try it on with a girl will be a dark, dark day indeed.

Anyway, we got back to dancing and I think we both tried our best to ignore each other the rest of the night. :)


So... I also: COMPLETED THE LOZ TASK

On my way back to my car I was walking past these two guys when one of them stopped me to ask me for cash. I'm going to admit here that I was going to give him £1 and be off. However, I had 1p in change and £5 note and £10 note in my wallet... and I don't know if you've ever given a homeless person 1p, but I imagine it's not really the best thing to do.

So I gave him the £5. Recently T has been telling me about how more than anything else in the Gospels, Jesus tells us to give money and to help the poor. So I have felt compelled to give.

But along with the £5 I told the guy that I was giving it to him because God loves him.

And he said:

"I've had people give me 50p and £1's but I have never had anybody say that Jesus loves me. I can see the love of God in your eyes. Thank you for putting a smile on my face."

Obviously after the rejection from the TPGwutwaS I felt a bit better because of that.

We actually chatted for about 5 minutes and he's from Alabama and had recently left his wife. I honestly didn't know what to say or do cos he was telling me he had no where to stay except the shelter. And in that respect I felt completely helpless cos I couldn't really do anything about that.

I'm sure God has started something again inside him though.

Comments:
I admire you for attempting to spread Christianity in a 70s bar!!

Well done Tom.

And I bet the homeless guy really appreciated your words.. possibly even more than your money!
 
wow, sounds like quite a night and it was a good read too :)
 
i had just woke up when i read your blog. i read it right after reading lisa's. half way through yours i forgot i was reading yours and was wondering why lisa was comming on to women and driving a car! then i remembered. id have laughed but was still too groggy!
 
Tommo - you make me laugh and sigh at the same time. Great story about the challenge. Definitely a good example!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting