Monday, March 12, 2007

 

But I don't wanna

Isn't it funny how when you're really pressured on your faith, you realise how many cracks are actually there?

I've been reading Job recently. Well... not all of it, just flicking through it really. It's a tough read. Poor guy had so much go wrong for him and even his three friends called him a liar.

Recently I've been moping a bit. Apologies to all who have been caught in the cross fire, and unfortunately my relationship with God has falted slightly. I tend to forget that life isn't a sprint, it's actually a marathon which we have to press through. Sometimes we want to try and go our own ways because obviously our ways are best and God doesn't know what He's doing...

I've been thinking back to Soul Survivor and how I came back so fired up certain in what I believed and what needed to be done. Time is definitely a healer, but it can also be a killer. If I could go back to any point of certainty in my life, it would be there. But I suppose SS was a burst of steroids and what I need to do now is keep up with my training.

However, I'm feeling a lot like a 'Sunday Christian' at the moment, in some serious need of a kick up the arse.

My wants should be God's wants, but it doesn't always seem to work out that way, surprisingly!

I guess all I can do is get some perspective and wait.

Comments:
Hi Tommy

Your blog made me think today. Sorry to gate crash your blog but I cant post this on my own blog as people read it that Im not ready toadmit this to. All I can say is please pray for me, I cant remember the last time I read my bible and I have to force myself to go to church just once a week. I love God but admit Ive faltered a lot recently. Sorry again for gate crashing but you gave me the opportunity to own up xxx
 
Bean.

You'll get there.

I know it.

Lozza
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting