Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Ok Loz... here it is...

A few months ago Loz posted a bit of a poll on her website asking bloggers to vote on what embarrassing moments from her past they wanted to hear. And because the voting was fixed, I ended up posting a conversation we had on MSN (HERE) Finished reading that? :) Funny wasn't it? I felt a bit guilty at doing this so I've decided to share 2 embarrassing stories from my past.

1st up - The Clap.

I was in Year 6 and because I went to a Catholic school, we would sometimes get together with other district schools for mass/celebration services, and this year was leavers celebration. The service was held at Clifton Cathedral, and this place is huge. It can hold I'd say, about 1000 people, and on this particular day there were about 300-400 (something like 8 different schools) We had a list of songs we were singing and the old school favourite of 'Gloria' - the one where you are supposed to clap your hands after singing 'Gloria' - had just started. I was 11 or something, so I enjoyed the part of this song when it got to the clapping bit. Unfortunately for me, our teachers had already begun teaching us English reserved-ness…
Why is that unfortunate, you say? Because they forgot to teach me.

Apparently they had told us that we weren’t going to clap at that bit.

So while the rest of the 300 or so people got to the clapping bit, only one of those people clapped.

Yes… yes. I looked like and felt like a muppet.

And not only did my day start bad with that – next we all went bowling and I think I managed to finish last out of my entire year. Nice.


2nd up – Funky Chicken.

Now, if you’re reading this Sara, it should be familiar to you! All I can say now is, ‘whoops’!

So, I’m in the senior ministers house a few years back, with his brother, his wife and some other people and the song, Sunscreen comes on. I know some of the song so I just talk in the bits I know.
It gets to around the middle and my favourite line (possible ex favourite line now) comes up.
“maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary”

Now. Remember. I’m in the senior ministers front room, with his wife… and brother… and other people from the church I go to. And what do I say at this point?


“maybe you’ll dance the f***ing chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sweet Lord. Where the heck did that come from? It’s all a bit of a blur from that point on… and either everybody laughed, or I imagined it to hide myself from the shame.

But there we go. I'm sure there will be many more to come - but I hope not.

Comments:
Just to re-iterate; Tom has a *very* loud voice, so everybody in the street heard him sing that Funky line ;-)

Tee hee hee
 
That really made me laugh, but you know why cuz i did the same thing in the gloria song at my catholic school, in assembly so maybe less embarassing cuz less people. you know the end bit where you are meant to do an extra clap to finish it off, well i got carried away did a couple too many and out of time, i looked like a right wally! At least im not the only silly billy! Had forgotten about that song until i read that. heehee.

And i really feel for u loz falling over, i fell out the shower at 2am (sober may i add as i was asked by everyone how much i had had!) at uni last semester and had to be taken to hospital- uber embarassing!
 
Definately lets start a club for all the clutzy people in the world, then we can all feel like idiots together with our accidents heehee!
 
Oi, slacker..


BLOG
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

$2.95 a month web hosting